Rancho De La Osa
Guest Ranch For Sale
1 W La Osa Ranch Road
Historic Rancho De La Osa Guest Ranch is one of the last great Spanish Haciendas still standing in America with roots back to the 18th century! Located in the high Sonoran Desert one hour from Tucson, where the sun shines more than 300 days a year. Nestled among huge eucalyptus trees, this 239 acre dude ranch with 9 buildings, 21,000SF, 22 guest rms w/FP, 2 dining roms, cantina, 2 hms, beautiful pool, lg corrals, tack/vet rms, office, employee living quarters, indoor/outdoor fireplace, 28 full & 4 half baths, is bordered by wildlife refuge. 300 acres of State leased land to north is on a year to year lease. Warm inviting ambiance hand formed adobe, facinating history with many famous guest-peaceful and timeless.
Watch a video of the property at Rancho De La Osa Video.
Read more about Rancho De La Osa Guest Ranch.
Restored Dude Ranch Preserves Culture in High Desert
In your next life, enjoy the outdoors with purpose among Arizonans who are preserving the history, culture, and environment of the Borderlands. South of Tucson, Rancho de la Osa's guests ride superb horses through 239 acres of natural habitat between mountain ranges, adjacent to the vast Buenos Aires National Wildlife Refuge. The geological landmark, awe-inspiring Boboquivarie Peak, is the home of l-ltol. Creator to the Thono O'Odham Indians.
The property's first known occupation by settlers was a visita (Spanish mission outpost) c. 1725. In a land grant, it became part of the United States in the Gadsden Purchase (1853). Cattle herds roamed the high desert here until the 1920's when Las Osa was purchased for development as a getaway and guest ranch. In the 1940's it became a favorite meeting place of politicians and recreational retreat for writers and entertainers.
The ranch was in decline when the current owners found it in 1996 and began to lovingly restore the nine structures, adding appropriate colors and architectural details. Both rustic an comfortable, with stimulating decor and sophisticated cuisine, La Osa has gained a discriminating clientele from around the world who treasure its rare serenity and enduring spirit.
- Canopy of wide open sky and no interference with stargazing
- Adobe construction with Spanish flavor
- Wood fires in all rooms and in the courtyard
- Endless horse trails through habitat of antelope and deer, and 280 species of bird
- Silence broken by flutter of birds' wings
- Hawks soaring over cienegas (wet grasslands)
- After-rain, desert plant perfumes
- Borderlands culture and real cowboys
- Kitt Peak National Observatory
- Tumacacori Mission National Monument
- Tubac State Park and Art Colony
- DeAnza National Historic Trail
- Bustling Border town of Nogales, AZ
Guest Ranch for Sale - Dude Ranch for Sale - Arizona - AZ