Long Realty is pleased to bring you tips for Living in Arizona, courtesy of our local Long Advantage business partners. The articles below covers an array of helpful and insightful tips for the Arizona lifestyle. We hope you find this information useful.
Top 10 Moving Tips
July 29, 2014
As a moving company, it always pains us a bit to hear, “moving is one of the most stressful things a person experiences.” Unfortunately, many aspects of moving are just plain stressful. Fortunately, there are a number of things you can do to prevent excess anxiety. Check out these tips from one of our knowledgeable move coordinators, and add them to your moving checklist.
- Schedule your move as early as possible to ensure your desired move dates are available – especially in peak season, which tends to run roughly from May to September. If you’re able to move in the fall or winter, you’re more likely to have more flexibility with your pack, load and move dates.
- Separate all items you plan to take with you, prior to the crew’s arrival. This could include cell phones, chargers, prescription medicine, car keys, clothing, etc. – anything you’ll need while the majority of your belongings are on a truck. Label these items so the crew knows not to pack them.
- Do not ship sentimental or important documents such as birth certificates, insurance papers, deeds, medical records, passports or anything that may be required when purchasing or renting a new home, such as bank statements. Add these to that “do not pack” pile.
- Pack and label a box of “essentials,” or items you will need upon delivery. Having paper towels, a sponge, soap, toilet paper, disposable dishes, light bulbs, etc. in one well-marked box means your family can begin to settle in quickly.
- Label all cables and wires to TVs, stereos, DVD players, video game consoles, etc. for easy set up at destination. This will prevent you from trying to solve a complicated puzzle on a hectic day.
- Plan to be available for all of the days you have set aside for servicing your move – do not schedule travel the same day, as unexpected events can occur.
- Perform a complete walkthrough prior to the van operator leaving your home to ensure all items have been packed. Open and check all cabinets, closets and drawers; look outside, on patios and in the garage. Has everything been packed and placed on the truck? That overlooked cabinet of dishes probably won’t fit in your car or your carry-on luggage.
- Ensure the van operator has a cell phone number to reach you at any point up to delivery. Make sure you keep your charger with you.
- Do not plan delivery of your household goods on the same day of closing on a new home. No matter how early your appointment is or how late the van operator plans to arrive, plans change. You don’t want your shipment to have to go into storage!
- Have a printed layout of the new residence so you can quickly advise the movers where to place items. This will help you avoid rearranging too much furniture and minimize your heavy lifting.
What is the overarching theme here? Being as organized as possible can make your move go smoothly. Good luck!
Article provided courtesy of Suddath Relocations Systems. For more information, contact Suddath at 520.355.7605 or visit suddath.com.
More Living in Arizona TipsHow to Keep Your Plants Cozy this Winter
Considering the Tucson Valley's Many Climate Zones
Taking Care of Ceramic Tile
What To Do When Your Washer Won’t Drain
Security/Protection Systems for Homeowners
Cozy Home - Safe Home… Heating Season Tips
Sprucing Up Your Landscape for Fall
Benefits of Induction Cooking
Itching for Summer Vacation?
Maintaining Your Carpets
Getting Your Pool Ready for Summer
Spring Cleaning Tips for Your Home
Home Weatherizing Tips
Caring For Your Carpets
Three Easy Washer Maintenance Tips
Keep Cool for Less
Give the heart of your home a fresh new look in just 2-3 days!
Getting Your Pool Ready for Summer
Spring Cleaning Tips
Keep your drains running smoothly and smelling great!
What To Look For In A Moving Company
Caring for your Arizona landscape in Winter
Managing Winter Pests
Don't Forget About Your Pool This Winter
Choosing Home Accessories
It's Hot Out There
Prepare Your Home for Monsoon Season Now
Tips for a Great Staycation
Dont Let Your A/C Break The Bank
How to Prevent Mold after Water Damage
Create a New Look in Your Home for Spring
Improving your Wireless Internet Experience
Families of the Sonoran Desert
Holiday Shopping Safety Tips
Preparing for Fall
Is Your Home Under Attack?
Becoming Green Clean Minded
Protect your recreational vehicles from extreme desert heat
Until there’s a cure… Cleaning for a Reason
Arizona Lightning and Lightning Safety
Monsoon Season and Your Home
Keep Cool This Summer with Air Conditioning Maintenance
Be on the Lookout for Bees As Temperatures Rise
The information contained in these articles are provided by local area businesses. We believe this information to be accurate and reliable, but it is not guaranteed.