Long Realty is pleased to bring you tips for Living in Arizona, courtesy of our local Long Advantage business partners. The articles below covers an array of helpful and insightful tips for the Arizona lifestyle. We hope you find this information useful.
March 24, 2014
With spring being right around the corner, here a few tips for you.
With spring coming being right around the corner; the season brings us many things like warmer weather, a new baseball season, bright colors, outdoor activities, and dust mites that have survived in your household. Spring time is the worst season for people with tree and grass pollen allergies. Along with seasonal allergies, there are allergies that are year round. These include sensitivity to dust mites, the dander -- dried skin and saliva -- of pets and the spores released from mold inside the house. These allergens are found all over the home, so they're hard to avoid. They can lurk in carpets, upholstery, beds and other fabric.
Although it is not possible to avoid all exposure to these allergens, you can control these allergenic components of house dust that are a major cause of year-round runny or stuffy nose, itchy, watery eyes and sneezing for allergy sufferers. Cleaning and staying clean will ultimately control the problem. Even though you should clean your house regularly, take a day to deep clean your house and start this Spring season off tidy and fresh.
- Always clean top to bottom, this way everything that you clean off will fall to the ground and can easily be swept up at the end.
- Dust and wipe all ceiling fans, vents, light fixtures, and other up-high objects that can easily collect dust from being neglected.
- Vacuum or wash any curtains.
- Wash any blinds by using a dry microfiber cloth and another that is wet, dust off any dust with the dry one then wash the blinds with the wet one.
- Organize any mess that could be a breeding ground for dust and Arizona native insects.
- Wash all furnishings and home décor.
- Wipe down all doors, doorframes, baseboards, and walls with water mixed with a mild dish soap.
- Give all floors a good vacuuming and hard floors a deep mopping with a neutral Ph floor cleaner, consistently changing mop water out when water is visibly dirty.
- Start off fresh and empty out your refrigerator and cupboards- get rid of any food that has expired, or are even growing some fuzzies!
- Last but certainly not least, wash any blankets, change out your bed sheets and dry clean your comforter- bed sheets should be washed in hot water while blankets should be washed in cold water.
Article provided courtesy of Quality Cleaning Services. For more information or to schedule your home cleaning, contact Quality Cleaning Services at 520.248.0117.
More Living in Arizona TipsHow to Keep Your Plants Cozy this Winter
Considering the Tucson Valley's Many Climate Zones
Taking Care of Ceramic Tile
What To Do When Your Washer Won’t Drain
Security/Protection Systems for Homeowners
Cozy Home - Safe Home… Heating Season Tips
Sprucing Up Your Landscape for Fall
Benefits of Induction Cooking
Itching for Summer Vacation?
Maintaining Your Carpets
Getting Your Pool Ready for Summer
Spring Cleaning Tips for Your Home
Home Weatherizing Tips
Caring For Your Carpets
Three Easy Washer Maintenance Tips
Keep Cool for Less
Give the heart of your home a fresh new look in just 2-3 days!
Getting Your Pool Ready for Summer
Spring Cleaning Tips
Keep your drains running smoothly and smelling great!
What To Look For In A Moving Company
Caring for your Arizona landscape in Winter
Managing Winter Pests
Don't Forget About Your Pool This Winter
Choosing Home Accessories
It's Hot Out There
Prepare Your Home for Monsoon Season Now
Tips for a Great Staycation
Dont Let Your A/C Break The Bank
How to Prevent Mold after Water Damage
Create a New Look in Your Home for Spring
Improving your Wireless Internet Experience
Families of the Sonoran Desert
Holiday Shopping Safety Tips
Preparing for Fall
Is Your Home Under Attack?
Becoming Green Clean Minded
Protect your recreational vehicles from extreme desert heat
Until there’s a cure… Cleaning for a Reason
Arizona Lightning and Lightning Safety
Monsoon Season and Your Home
Keep Cool This Summer with Air Conditioning Maintenance
Be on the Lookout for Bees As Temperatures Rise
The information contained in these articles are provided by local area businesses. We believe this information to be accurate and reliable, but it is not guaranteed.