Supporting the Community
We live, work and thrive in the communities we serve and for 90 years our outward-caring, community-supporting focus has helped Long Realty grow and prosper.
That's why, since 2002, the Long Realty Cares Foundation has given $2.5 million to a wide array of community groups. In 2015 alone, the foundation gave grants totaling $165,600 to 66 different local organizations focused on education, health, community services and the environment.
Where does the money come from? It comes from hundreds of benefactors and donors—the agents and employees of the Long family of companies—and is often amplified by matching donations from the Long Companies. One example of the foundation's activities is its ongoing support, both financial and as volunteer labor, of Habitat for Humanity's program to help with exterior repairs on more than a hundred existing homes for homeowners in need.
Long Realty is committed to positively impacting the lives of our staff, our sales associates, and the members of the communities where we live and work. Living up to that commitment is what keeps us Long Strong.
In the past few years Long Realty also:
- donated almost 2,000 young trees to help our desert cities become greener, cooler and more shady.
- designated offices as collection points for goods and materials, both new and reusable, being donated for classroom projects as part of the Treasures 4 Teachers program.
- sponsored a jazz festival, and is an ongoing sponsor of the Tucson Pops Orchestra in an effort to support local arts.
- supported the City of Surprise Fire Department's annual fundraising efforts.
- sponsored a charity golf tournament for the Sun City West Firefighters Charities.
As individuals, we give of our time, too, by actively taking part in many community organizations. Real estate is more than a job for us—we are also part of the communities we serve. The quality of life in those communities is important to us, because we live there too.